Anyone seen any transferable machine guns?

Discussion in 'Rifles & Shotguns' started by Jeep29, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Jeep29

Jeep29 Member

I've been looking around and it seems transferables are pretty scarce in Kentucky shops these days. Has anyone seen anything in their local shops. My local SOT has 5 but they are all subguns except for an M2 Carbine. Sadly, .30 Carbine isn't really a very good way to go based on cost and availability.

2. wash

wash New Member

Not I, locally. A few on gun auction type sites.

3. guncrank1

guncrank1 Well-Known Member

Easy to find on Gun Broker
    You need $$$$$$$$$$)

4. wash

wash New Member

Cranky thinks I have a full auto AK cause he witnessed my flawless bumpfire technique!
    :llama:

j/k.

5. wash

wash New Member

give me a double hook trigger and I'll make you question if it's full auto or not. It's all in the hips. bump firing that is....

6. guncrank1

guncrank1 Well-Known Member

Cranky thinks wash is full of something beside bumpfire

7. wash

wash New Member

Fastest trigger finger in Ky son.... you know it's true! :llama:

8. Reverend Dreed

Reverend Dreed Well-Known Member Staff Member

I know where there are several but they are not in shops for sale. They are with people who will use them in defense of our great nation. The tyrannical US government is probably our biggest fear right now, and unfortunately they know where all the legally possessed one are.

9. Jedracing

Jedracing Member

Check with Doublestar
    used to have some transferables

10. Dave1965

Dave1965 Active Member

I am sure you know about Subguns.com classifieds right. Not in ky unless someone posts one. Seen very few in ky stores recently.

11. Jeep29

Jeep29 Member

I've been keeping a close eye on subguns and sturmgewehr but there's been nothing except for Rex's Thompson popped up in the last couple of months. My first choice is an in-state transfer on a Form 3 or 4, next is an out-of-state on a Form 3 only. I've got my eye on a couple in Florida, one in Ohio, and one in PA. With the current waiting time there's no way I'll do an out-of state Form 4...that's nearly 2 years worth of waiting! I'm hoping someone will have eyes on something in an in-state shop.

What's sad is that I went to Knob Creek last weekend with camera and note pad in hand and couldn't really find anything. Lots of STENs and Lanchesters, a few MP40s, tons of dealer samples, but very few transferable rifles. I found a converted AR180 for 9k that caught my eye but for another 1.5k I could get an original AR18, plus the AR18 is a C&R so no local SOT needed.. Oh well, I'll keep looking until mid-November and if nothing turns up it will be something from out-of-state.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  12. Dave1965

Dave1965 Active Member

MP40 (always wanted one) and a MAC10 in 9mm (because its cheap) are on my list.

13. Jeep29

Jeep29 Member

My local shop has a MAC11 and an 11A1 in the case. One is 9mm, the other is 380. They also have a S&W76, and Uzi, and an M2. I already have a subgun or I'd be tempted to get the Smith&Wesson. Looking for something in 5.56 now

14. Jeep29

Jeep29 Member

Well, after searching high and low in Kentucky without finding anything that appealed to me I sent a check off to David Spiwak in Pennsylvania today. Looks like I have a year or more to start stockpiling mags and spare parts

15. rext

rext New Member

Check sturm again. I just saw a Sterling tube gun for $5700 that seems cheap. It was listed from Richmond KY.

16. Jeep29

Jeep29 Member

That is cheap for a Sterling. They've been in the 8-9k range for tube guns for a few months. I've already sent my check of plus bought a SABRE 556 upper for my M10. My toy budget is shot for the winter.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  17. 06sandstone

06sandstone New Member

Jeep how do you like the Saber? I thought about one for my M11/9 . But, can't stand the thought of having to drill the reciever.

I've got a Reising M50 For Sale in Tennessee.

18. Jeep29

Jeep29 Member

I LOVE the Sabre. I already had the MAC which I bought for $1100 a few years ago. With the Sabre it got me into a full auto 556 for $3100. Hard to beat that. If you had to buy a MAC to host it though you'd ne far better off picking up a Ruger AC556.

The only negative thing I can say is that the Sabre is pretty heavy...17lbs fully dressed. The up side to that is that its a very stable gun to fire.

http://youtu.be/IwjFf-bTvUU

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwjFf-bTvUU[YOUTUBE]

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  19. 06sandstone

06sandstone New Member

I think AA has lightened up the M11 version.

20. Jeep29

Jeep29 Member

It runs around 11 pounds.

They are a great bunch of folks up there. I dropped my receiver off and had a couple of questions so Jess called up the guys from the back. That turned into a 30 minute talk and review of all of the Mac Tactical products followed by a complete tour of their operation...machining, assembly, prototypes, shipping and receiving, etc. The only thing I didn't see was Mr King's office. :smile:

I dropped my receiver off on Thursday and Jess said it would be done the following week or the next. On the following Tuesday afternoon I got a call saying it was ready to pick up. Over the weekend I thought of a couple more technical questions so off Jess went to the back and brought Mike up front (he's the bald guy is all of AA's videos).

On the way home I stopped at the range and fan several hundred rounds in various mags through it. I learned that Pmags are either very tight or don't fit at all in the mag well but everything else fit and fed perfectly. I also learned that it doesn't like Wolf WPA, has an occasional hiccup with Tulammo, and eats everything brass cased like nobody's business.

On the next range session at around 1300 rounds I had a small problem. It was a Saturday and when I got home I shot them a short email. Within an hour, on a Saturday evening, I got an email back and was told it would be taken care of. Sunday morning around 10am I got another email from Mr King, the owner of Mag Tactical, the parent company of AA, asking about the issue. On Monday morning I called Jess and on Tueday afternoon my part was waiting for me when I got home. No THAT is customer service.

In my opinion the SABRE 556 is a must have accessory for anyone that owns an M10 or M11 subgun.