Crack Head prevention 2017

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by Rebel Panda, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Rebel Panda

Rebel Panda Well-Known Member

So long story short a buddy I went to high school with ended up on drugs and is now hanging around my neighborhood. I live in a shitty part of Louisville. He's shown up twice now. Once for a chat the second time to beg. Any suggestions on security cameras and the short? Already got the gates padlock ed. I know of the type of people he is running around with too, the tweakest of tweakers, so I bought a mossberg maverick 88. Just any suggestions I can do on the passive side of home defense?

dannyr3_8 likes this.
  2. Old Guy

Old Guy Active Member

Sorry for your situation. I only have game cams on my property, so I can't recommend any others. You are smart to get ready/prepare your home. Crack/Meth addicted people will rob and steal from their own family members. This happened to me in FL about 30 years ago. A relative got on the Crack and stole some of my wife's jewelry to buy her drugs. You simply cannot trust them. The best tactic is to NOT have them in the house. If they ask why, tell them that they need help and you'll gladly assist them in seeking to get their life straight (look up the Louisville area places).

dannyr3_8 and Got-R-Did like this.
  3. Iron369

Iron369 Active Member

I used Lorex technologies. The cameras work great. People report that their customer service is bad, but I haven't needed to use cs in the nearly 2 years I've had them. Watching through the app and watching on tv are completely different. On the app, it's difficult to make out things like facial features, but tv is high definition.

dannyr3_8 and Got-R-Did like this.
  4. dannyr3_8

dannyr3_8 Well-Known Member

you can just buy a camera set up with a dvr just make sure the dvr has ether net port. with that you can hook it to your computer and form an account that will allow you to watch from anywhere and the dvr will record for days that is what i have 4 cameras with night vision can be purchased for less than 200.00 these days from best buys,hh greg, sams etc

Got-R-Did likes this.
  5. Murgatroy

Murgatroy Member

Thanks for the ideas, I just found out today they are opening a Methadone Clinic less than a mile from my house. I am not excited. This will be the thing that sways the wife to my side of installing cameras.

I had a sister get strung out on meth. She lost custody of both her kids, wound up shacked up with a convicted child molester and robbed my mother blind. I had her arrested at least twice, and ran her and some of her ilk off from my mother's house at least a dozen times at gun point before I gave up on two lost causes. She is currently serving a 15 year prison sentence for multiple offenses. They have denied her parole twice now. I have a feeling she isn't 'rehabilitating' on the inside.

dannyr3_8 likes this.
  6. guncrank1

guncrank1 Well-Known Member

Rebel use 000 buckshot in your shotgun

dannyr3_8 likes this.
  7. Rebel Panda

Rebel Panda Well-Known Member

Got a few different plans. Set someverything WiFi cameras up and a game camera or two. Extra padlock on the shed, and continue to pad lock the back and side gate. Also going to put some bars and steel plate on the basement windows. And guy another gun safe, and locking cabinet for the power tools. This stuff needs to be done anyway method head buddy just spurred me on it.

dannyr3_8 and Iron369 like this.
  8. dannyr3_8

dannyr3_8 Well-Known Member

unfortunatly you are probably right drugs are rampant in the system from what i understand i personally have not been there [knock on wood ] but i know many people who have come out hooked on herion i am sorry to hear about this i know it must be hard to lose someone you love to this it is like the person has been replaced with someone else