Done with the Kenny Woods Louisville show...

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Elkins45, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Elkins45

Elkins45 New Member

So I drove an hour and a half, paid $8 for parking and another $10 for admission to what was at best a $4 show. The room was smaller than I had ever seen and there wasn't a single vendor selling primers.

The Lexington show is worth the trouble about half the time, but I haven't been to a Kenny Woods show in Louisville in the last 2-3 years that was worth the hassle. I think I'm pretty well done with any show at the Fairgrounds that isn't National Gun Day. I might go again if he moves it back to Hurstborne where at least parking was free.

The only good news is that there didn't appear to be any signs of pre-election panic buying or gouging. There hardly seemed to be any buying or selling at all.

Got-R-Did and Deadwing like this.
  2. Deadwing

Deadwing Active Member

I've been there! same thoughts! we drove all the way to louisville for a big huge disappoint. One small little room in UL stadium...gimme a break.. And like 15$ entrance fee for both us? Didn't even have a good selection... Never again. Everything I could EVER want is at KYGUNCO or BUDS gun shop for less money, and free to checkout/exam whatever :)

Got-R-Did likes this.
  3. Trapper

Trapper Active Member

Quit going a couple of shows ago. Felt the same way. I actually know some of the vendors and found the show prices to be higher then going to their brick and mortar. Just a big rip- off

Got-R-Did likes this.
  4. Old Guy

Old Guy Active Member

Have not attended a gun show in at least a decade, no reason to anymore.

Caveman Jim and Deadwing like this.
  5. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Well-Known Member

Same here Old Guy, it's not even worth it to driving 1 mile to our local fairgrounds gun show.... :runaway::runaway::runaway:
    I think the internet has done its damage to the old ways we used to buy & sell guns & ammo... :wrongdoor:
    Sad that it happened because I hate technology, it is the ruin of mankind as we knew it!!!:faint::faint::faint:

plumber_bob likes this.
  6. MachIV

MachIV Member

I also find going to nearly any kind of show at KFEC to not be worth it. $8 for parking is outrageous. I would rather drive to Lexington and park for free.

plumber_bob likes this.
  7. DeadeyeChrista'sdad

DeadeyeChrista'sdad New Member

Went to the INDY 1500 a week ago. Admission was 12.00. Flippin' crazy, and three or four dollars to park.
    That said, it's an awesome show. If you EVER get a chance to come up and see it, I'd recommend it.
    Took my youngest daughter, and we had a ball. Stopped by the INGO booth, and Brad's knives. Knife Lady Sheila helped Christa pick out an automatic,
    Then Brad pointed us to Hiding Hilda, a holster purse company. She really liked their stuff, but it was a whole 59.95 for their cheapest purse! She took a card, and I'm pretty sure she'll get one later.
    Last stop was an ankle holster. We had a great time!

8. dannyr3_8

dannyr3_8 Well-Known Member

i still like gun shows even if everything is so over priced i can't afford it. i just like being in a room full of guns and ammo. it's like a custom car show i know i can't afford them too but i still like to look. when i walk into a gun show and see all the weapon and smell all the wood and steel it still makes me feel like a kid in a candy store

Got-R-Did likes this.
  9. WLJ

WLJ Well-Known Member

Been years since I went to a gunshow. Are they still announcing over the loudspeakers over and over again "This may be you last chance to buy a gun"? Seems like the last few I went to they kept doing that.

Got-R-Did and Caveman Jim like this.
  10. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Well-Known Member

I just went to my first GS in years up here in Washington the WAC gun owners show in Puyallup and I was surprised at ha=ow many tables there were and filled with the usual old timers (which is good) and many more Tactical guns AND parts!!!! Yea!!!! I loves me some tactical stuff.
    But $12 is a bit much to me (but I like cheap anymore)....

Got-R-Did likes this.
  11. Elkins45

Elkins45 New Member

I still go to a lot of shows--just not Kenny Woods at the Fairgrounds. There used to be a good little show at the hotel on Hurstborne. I wish they would bring that back, or that Woods would go there.

Got-R-Did likes this.
  12. 6mm Shoot

6mm Shoot Member

I haven't been to a gun show in years. The last one I went to cost to much to get in and had nothing worth the cost they were asking. I could get better deals at gun shops around here. So between the Net and local places I quit going.

Got-R-Did likes this.
  13. Got-R-Did

Got-R-Did Well-Known Member

I miss going to the Center in Somerset.
    Got-R-Did.

plumber_bob likes this.
  14. MachIV

MachIV Member

I went to the Indy 1500 several years ago and really enjoyed it. It took me about 5 hours to go through it all and I remember paying $195 for 1000 rounds of Wolf 7.62x39mm. Doubt I could get it for that now.

15. MachIV

MachIV Member

I go to almost no shows at the fairgrounds anymore. $8 to park is ridiculous for nearly anything. I would rather drive from Louisville to Lexington and park for free at Rupp.

plumber_bob likes this.
  16. Elkins45

Elkins45 New Member

I’ve been to that show a couple of times. Both times I left with something good.

Got-R-Did likes this.