End of the year post full of knives and such!

Discussion in 'JG Knives & Tools' started by Gamez, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Gamez

Gamez KYGO Sponsor KYGO Sponsor

As 2016 winds down to a close, I cannot say thank you enough to everyone who has made this year in the shop a great one. To everyone who has bought a knife, took a class or just followed along, THANKS for your continued support. I accomplished quite a bit this past year. Even with a few bumps in the round along the way, I still managed to grow considerably.

[​IMG]

Here is a look at where 2016 is ending and I'll pick up for 2017!

[​IMG]

A pair of prototype "Finger Hole Cleavers" are in process. These are taking way longer than I originally intended, but it has been a new model filled with little things that need more thought and fine tuning. I'll decide when these are done if they become a regular offering down the road.

[​IMG]

An L.U.K. ground and ready for finishing.

[​IMG]

6pc. hand tool sets continue to get forged and go out to customers all over the country.

[​IMG]

Modification of a B.T.K. blank I had on the bench and decided to chop and grind on it a bit more for a pronounced poon at the tip.

[​IMG]

Deer season 2016 wasn't a waste, had a great time at deer camp and managed to fill the freezer a bit.

[​IMG]

Coke, the superior forging fuel.

[​IMG]

Getting closer with these. I had to redo the scales a few times to get the shape down pat. Those holes present a mess of problems when sanding.

[​IMG]

More punches.. Order your set here:

https://www.jgknives.com/products/jg-knives-blacksmith-6pcs-punch-chisel-set

[​IMG]

SC sunset from the foothills.

[​IMG]

Meat fork a student and I finished up during a Blacksmithing 101 class.

[​IMG]

L.U.K. nestled in some Yellow and Orange G10.

[​IMG]

This one will be hard to lose in the woods, and keep clean.

[​IMG]

A speical project S.B.K. that will get finished in Cerakote by my friend at Drake Firearms, check him out if you're in the upstate of SC and need a deal on a gun or firearms finishing.

[​IMG]

As the year ends I've got a few knives up and available for immediate purchase on the store. I will split my work load for 2017 and keep a few extra knives online, while I work on custom orders. Due to the increase in classes and other projects, leads times on custom knives for 2017 will be around 3-5 weeks from ordering for completion.

[​IMG]

Thanks everyone again a great 2016 and I hope you continue to follow along as I keep traveling along on this adventure.

-JG

Lidocaine Looney likes this.