WTS: For sale posts need a price!!

Discussion in 'Firearms For Sale' started by Reverend Dreed, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Reverend Dreed

Reverend Dreed Well-Known Member Staff Member

I think any for sale post should include the asking price. A photo would be nice also. I have been thinking about this for awhile now, and would like some input. I am of the opinion that any for sale post without a price should be deleted when found by a Mod or reported by a site member, how do you members feel about this?

Got-R-Did, dannyr3_8 and plumber_bob like this.
  2. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

I'm good with that. Should have a price or what you want to trade for if not selling out right.

Got-R-Did and plumber_bob like this.
  3. plumber_bob

plumber_bob Well-Known Member

That sounds good to me as well.

pb

Got-R-Did likes this.
  4. Got-R-Did

Got-R-Did Well-Known Member

30/30 rule again, perhaps?
    May reduce the one-week-wonders.
    Got-R-Did.

5. plumber_bob

Might cut down on the B.S. for sale posts.
    Although I've had no problems the times I've dealt with new posters who just what to sell a gun.

pb

Got-R-Did likes this.
  6. Murgatroy

Murgatroy Active Member

I have said it before, and I will say it again, as the newish guy, a 30/30 rule is expected. A price is expected.

I suppose that being an old forum guy, that is the way I have seen it done successfully for years, including the forum I run.

New cats that want to sell are often fine, but when they post something at a ridiculous price, then never come back, that is what rubs me wrong.

Got-R-Did likes this.
  7. Got-R-Did

Well Said, Kind Sir.
    Got-R-Did.

plumber_bob likes this.
  8. Reverend Dreed

30/30 rule can only be applied by the admin., unless I were to try and do it manually which leaves room for error. I am going to start deleting posts without a price effective today

Got-R-Did, dannyr3_8 and plumber_bob like this.
  9. Old Guy

Old Guy Active Member

Price and a picture should be required.

Got-R-Did and plumber_bob like this.
  10. Murgatroy

Murgatroy Active Member

Unless the item has unusual wear, I can do without a picture. They are nice though. If you have an obvious flaw or blemish, a pic explains a lot. A price should be required, period. I guess what confuses me the most, being (not so) new to Kentucky is that many items are listed higher than retail for a used item. When I can grab a Glock 19 for $450 at 111 Gun Store, why is it somehow cool to ask $500 for one used? The market has dropped out on ARs, they are selling new for <$500, I am sorry you fell for the hype and paid $3500 for one five years ago, but learn the market, they are not worth that now. The other one that gets me, and there is a thread by an admin on another regional forum I follow that lays it out very well; if you modified the gun, kiss that money goodbye. $100 sights and a $200 trigger means that your firearm is marginally more appealing than a stock one new, not worth $300 more than a new one. Unless those are the exact mods I want (they aren't) you wasted that money. And don't even get me started on a stippled polymer gun, because straight up, I don't care who did it, you ruined the firearm and it is not worth $100. Period.

However, I am just an opinionated old redneck, my opinion is just that, an opinion.

11. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

You mean I will never get the $2000 worth of mods out of my sbr? Not like I would sell it.

I have to agree on the stippling. Its a parts gun at that point.

12. mlh40324

mlh40324 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure 30/30 is required but certainly location and price at a minimum.

Got-R-Did and Dustin like this.
  13. dannyr3_8

dannyr3_8 Well-Known Member

well my 2 cents is 30/30 photo and price i really miss 30/30 it iritates me seeing people selling stuff on first post and then you never see them again the forum for sale section is suposed to be for members to sell to each other if your only interest is selling the is already a place for that it is called armslist

Got-R-Did, mlh40324 and plumber_bob like this.
  14. Iron369

Iron369 Active Member

For what’s its worth, I think the 30/30 rule was great. But since the only person with the authority to implement such things is less active than most of the people that only come here to sell things, I guess it would be difficult to get that feature. I would say that if an item is posted for sale, the OP should be given the opportunity to correct it before it’s deleted. If it’s not corrected within a reasonable period (say 48 hours) then it says they weren’t interested in selling it enough to check on the ad and it should be booted.

15. Got-R-Did

Perhaps provide your location to aid potential buyer in determining if a F-T-F transaction is feasible.
    Got-R-Did.

plumber_bob likes this.
  16. guncrank1

guncrank1 Well-Known Member

Well all my guns are worth 5000.00

17. plumber_bob

Even my Hi-Points are worth more than that each!!!

18. SpyderArms

SpyderArms Active Member

I would say you should at least have a price!

19. Reverend Dreed

if it were within my abilities the 30/30 rule would be reinstated. Over on Ingo they have a 50 post rule that seems to work well. I am not going to go back and remove old posts that do not include a price, in the future the poster will receive a message from me stating why the post was removed. The posters location is already addressed in the for sale post rules and a reminder will be posted on any post that does not include it. If you see a post that needs my attention send me a pm so I do not miss it. Thanks for your help. If it is a location issue go ahead and request the poster toad it, after 5 days with no reply with a location edit I will delete the post.

Iron369, plumber_bob and dannyr3_8 like this.
  20. Murgatroy

Murgatroy Active Member

This is taken from TGO. I have been a member there for a long while and they have some good cats. I will admit that it is probably my most active forum. With permission of TGO David, I repost it here. His ruminations on the current secondhand market.

dannyr3_8 and plumber_bob like this.