My Perfect AR15 setup....

Discussion in 'Rifles & Shotguns' started by sgreen3, Jun 10, 2017.

1. sgreen3

sgreen3 Active Member

Its taken me quite sometime to come up with what id call a "perfect go to AR15" carbine for myself. After changing and trying different things over the last I don't even know how many years, like most of us do I always end up coming back to the most simplest and bare bones setup for my primary carbine. This is how Ive had mine setup for a while now and seems to be the best blend of "do all" that Ive been able to get. Granted there is never going to be one rifle that will everything great, I think for me running this pinned 14.5" carbine with Leupold 1-4 optic in a lightweight mount and CMC trigger, this setup does a lot of things pretty dang well.. What are some of your "Perfect" carbine setups?....

dannyr3_8 and DDgunslinger like this.
  2. DDgunslinger

DDgunslinger Well-Known Member

Yea, I think RECCE style builds are probably the best general purpose rifles, which is essentially the route you ended up taking minus the free float rail and some other little things.

dannyr3_8 and sgreen3 like this.
  3. sgreen3

sgreen3 Active Member

I agree, I've came so close a number of times putting a MI rail on it but just cant seem to break up the configuration of the rifle. Is had the same furniture on it for almost 6yrs its kind of nostalgia I guess lol.

dannyr3_8 likes this.
  4. Murgatroy

Murgatroy Member

I have a 14.5" pinned and welded midlength on a Magpul MOE Rifle stock. Carry handle irons. I call it my 'Short Rifle.'

It is probably my favorite.

*EDIT* I guess it is fair to elaborate. Full Magpul furniture. I am a Magpul Whore (AKM, AR, Glock, Samsung...) they all have Magpul furniture.

PSA upper and lower. 14.5" pinned and welded barrel, premium upper, FN forged barrel, etc...
    KNS Anti-Walk pins.
    BCM ambi charging handle.
    Ambi Safety.

I built the rifle to be simple and reliable. I also built it to be used offhand with minimal concessions . My daughter, as I think I have mentioned on here before is a competition shooter, and she shoots left handed, so that was taken into consideration as well when building this. It is not necessarily an heirloom name (but it is well built) item, but that is in fact the concept.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
    sgreen3 and dannyr3_8 like this.
  5. mlh40324

mlh40324 Active Member

I like the grey furniture.

dannyr3_8 likes this.
  6. sgreen3

sgreen3 Active Member

Ha ha I'm the same way, I like the Magpul stuff to, its reasonably priced and it gets the job done.

7. sgreen3

sgreen3 Active Member

I did change up my rifle a little bit about a week ago and tried my hand at Duracoat for the first time. Really love the finish still need to coat the scope mount and scope but over all very happy with how it turned out. Although one thing I didn't anticipate that the Duracoat "Magpul foliage green" is a bit different tint than the Duracoat Magpul foliage green.... Not a deal breaker though I still think it looks pretty good, its kinda different so make me like it a bit more lol.

[​IMG]