no hazmat fee for powder

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by dannyr3_8, Mar 13, 2018.

1. dannyr3_8

dannyr3_8 Well-Known Member

2. markopolo50

markopolo50 New Member

That is a good deal, if their prices aren't inflated to cover the cost!!

dannyr3_8 likes this.
  3. Got-R-Did

Got-R-Did Well-Known Member

The Varget propellant (8 lb) is $50 cheaper than Cabela’s and then you have to pay sales tax. I think shipping couldn’t be that onerous and certainly cheaper overall. I’m not bashing Cabela’s as it is one of the few places that has it in stock, and I frequently shop there.
    I stopped going to Bass Pro mainly because I would already have to add the $8 trespass fee to any transaction just to get there and back.
    Got-R-Did.

dannyr3_8 likes this.
  4. markopolo50

markopolo50 New Member

Looking at Natchez's website and seeing the restrictions for even shipping ammo, it is easy to see which cities I wouldn't want to live in. But what puzzles me is that Natchez doesn't "service" Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama??? How can this be?

Here is the list from their site

Restricted Items
    Tennessee, Georgia, and Alabama
    We're sorry, but Natchez Shooters Supplies does not currently service residents of TN, GA or AL. All offers found on or within this website are thereby invalid for residents of these states. For more information, please contact customer service.

Restricted Items by Area of Residence (Non-International)
    Due to individual municipal or state laws, we may not be able to sell or ship some items to your area. Ultimately it is the customers responsibility to be aware of their federal, state and local laws.

Such restrictions may include, but are by no means limited to, the following examples:

• Ammo: NY, DC, HI, MA, IL* (see note below), and CA
    • Blanks: NY
    • Bows: MA, DC, New York, NY
    • Crossbows: MA, DC, New York, NY
    • Crossbow Bolts: CT, MA, DC
    • Folding & Collapsible Stocks: CT, CA, DC, HI, MA, NJ, Chicago, IL, Cicero, IL, Columbus, OH, Dubin, OH, Cincinnati, OH, Cleveland, OH, Dayton, OH, Toledo, OH
    • Muzzleloaders: IL, MA, NJ, DC, RI, HI
    • Pepper Spray: MA, NJ, RI, HI, IN, MI, NY, PA, WI
    • Reloading Items: MA
    • Slingshots: IL, NJ, DC, NY, NM, CT, DE
    • Certain Solvents: CA - VOC Restrictions
    • Stun Guns: MA, NJ, NY, CA
    • Magazines > 10: NY, CT, DC, HI, MD, MA, CA, Oak Park, IL
    • Magazines > 12: NY, CT, DC, HI, MD, MA, CA, Oak Park, IL, Chicago, IL
    • Magazines > 15: NY, CT, DC, HI, MD, MA, CA, CO, NJ, Oak Park, IL, Chicago, IL, Aurora, IL, Cicero, IL, Cincinnati, OH
    • Magazines > 16: NY, CT, DC, HI, MD, MA, CA, CO, NJ, Oak Park, IL, Chicago, IL, Aurora, IL, Cicero, IL, Cincinnati, OH, Franklin Park, IL
    • Magazines > 21: NY, CT, DC, HI, MD, MA, CA, CO, NJ, Oak Park, IL, Chicago, IL, Aurora, IL, Cicero, IL, Cincinnati, OH, Franklin Park, IL
    • Magazines > 31: NY, CT, DC, HI, MD, MA, CA, CO, NJ, OH, Oak Park, IL, Chicago, IL, NJ, Aurora, IL, Cicero, IL, Franklin Park, IL
    • Air Rifles & Pistols: IL, CA, MA, NJ, New York, NY, Buffalo, NY, Philadelphia, PA

* Illinois Residents: Before orders containing ammunition can be processed, we must have a valid/current copy of your F.O.I.D. card, and state issued ID or Drivers License. Click here to go to FOID applicaiton.

dannyr3_8 and Got-R-Did like this.
  5. Got-R-Did

Got-R-Did Well-Known Member

They used to allow TN residents to call ahead their order and schedule a pick up in person appt. They have to charge the 10% sales tax in addition to the shipping, and that may be a deal killer for most in TN anyway.
    As for GA and AL, there maybe some issue as well with charging tax and shipping to those states.
    I do know that I had to make a decision as which option to take in acquiring 5 Garands and over 10K rds of ammo on a trip to the South Store. Shipping them would have saved me the tax, but the total bill to UPS the rifles and ammo was only $35 less than paying the tax. I will say that I spent way more than $35 in gas getting the several hundred pounds of treasure back to KY.:D
    Pretty slow going up the hills in a Compact 5-speed sedan.
    Got-R-Did.

dannyr3_8 likes this.
  6. Murgatroy

Murgatroy Active Member

Being a former Tennessean...

It was a gentleman's agreement. The agreed not to ship or sell to those states as they border them. They didn't want to take business away from brick and mortar's that also ordered from them. So refusing to poach customers from the local stores, they could also supply the local stores. It was something I always disliked being in Tennessee, but respected at the same time.

dannyr3_8, Got-R-Did and Elkins45 like this.