Rural King Rules!

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Got-R-Did, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Got-R-Did

Got-R-Did Well-Known Member

2. Got-R-Did

I shop there every chance I get.
    Got-R-Did.

dannyr3_8 and HPD855 like this.
  3. HPD855

HPD855 Well-Known Member

I buy a load of ammo there. very happy with them. I have 3 of their stores within 15 minutes of my house.

plumber_bob, dannyr3_8 and Got-R-Did like this.
  4. Murgatroy

Murgatroy Active Member

I have had issues with them. They refuse to accept my CCDW, which means I need to do a BGC. I got my CCDW because I always get a delay on my BCG. They are immobile on that policy, as such I don't buy firearms from them. When I am dropping several hundred on a toy, I want it now, not three days from now. Too many other competitors on the market to deal with that.

dannyr3_8 likes this.
  5. Got-R-Did

If you have had consistent issues with BGC due to your name or other info matching a banned person, the BATFE will assign you a code to include with your check to isolate you as a Permitted buyer.
    I am not aware of any retailers here in KY that let you walk out the door with a handgun by just showing a CCW Permit. What am I missing?
    Got-R-Did.

dannyr3_8 likes this.
  6. Got-R-Did

I must add that I bought a handgun just over a week ago during the “Great Govt Shutdown”, and I was in/out in 40 minutes including the BGC.
    Got-R-Did.

dannyr3_8 likes this.
  7. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

Yes there is a box on the 4473 for CCW. They dont have to call it in. Most gun stores will record your info on the form and you walk out.

Murgatroy, dannyr3_8 and Got-R-Did like this.
  8. guncrank1

guncrank1 Well-Known Member

Nice but firearms are a no go for me.
    To far and have to cross a state line to get to the closet one to Metro.
    Which is a bummer

I will have to check out mail order

dannyr3_8 likes this.
  9. Got-R-Did

We have one in Shelbyville; is that too far for you to drive?
    Got-R-Did.

dannyr3_8 likes this.
  10. Murgatroy

Murgatroy Active Member

I fill out a 4473 several times a year. For many years I had no issues. Even in Tennessee where they do TICS and NICS. For several years after moving to Kentucky I had no issues. Then a few years ago I was one out of three for a delay, then every purchase. I got my CCDW and haven't had the BATFE kick my door down and shoot my dogs yet. Every delay overturned to a proceed after a day, I do think I had to go through the Brady Wait (five? days with no denial or proceed) once. I got my CCDW, which proves it is my name, not me, that is causing the issue and I haven't had a problem in years.

When RK told me they refused to honor my CCDW, they lost my gun buying business. I am a long time researcher that buys on a whim prior to going to the range. Five Point here in town and Point Blank, where I am a member, have earned my business. RK, well, I buy my jeans and charcoal from there.

dannyr3_8 and Got-R-Did like this.
  11. Murgatroy

Murgatroy Active Member

You still fill out the 4473. It just means you don't have to hang out for the BCG. My understanding is that KY runs a BCG every 30 days on CCDW holders. If I bomb that BCG, they demand my CCDW, if I do not turn it in, the onus is on me, now a prohibited person, not the retailer. This is of course my layman understanding. I fix toilets for a living.

dannyr3_8 and Got-R-Did like this.
  12. Got-R-Did

You still might petition the ATF to issue you a code for clearance since your name apparently matches a prohibited person.
    Shelby Co. Sheriff was about to knock on my door one day as I was walking out my front door. Cased shotgun in one hand and me in full uniform/gun belt/PR24/handcuffs/ammo pouches/Duty Pistol/flashlight and pepper spray. I don’t know who was more shocked, but he asked my name and then said he had a warrant. He immediately got on the radio and asked for a SS# and confirmation on address for this warrant. Red faced, he said he was in the wrong city (should have been in Simpsonville) and I certainly did not appear to be 70+ years old (35 at the time). First place I have ever lived where I shared nearly the exact same name as anyone else.
    Got-R-Did.

dannyr3_8 likes this.
  13. Old Guy

Old Guy Active Member

After 9/11 and the starting of the No-Fly list, a military guy in my unit attempted to fly on an official military trip on a commercial flight. Because his name was the same as a suspect (evidently) somewhere, he was not allowed to fly. I personally contacted the agencies involved and verified his SS#, DOB, etc. They all agreed that he was good-to-go, and that his Top Secret clearance assisted in clearing up any confusion.

One month later he attempted to fly again out of Louisville. He was DENIED. Long story, short: He was never allowed to fly commercial during the rest of his military career. That means he could NOT be sent to any needed stateside training.

The government is filled with fucking idiots. They are everywhere. They are in The FBI/ATF/CIA/DEA/USM/NSA/EPA and the list continues.

14. guncrank1

guncrank1 Well-Known Member

I go to Shelbyville frequently as that is where the farm is.
    But the one in Jeff is only about 5 miles from where I work but is a state line away

Got-R-Did likes this.